A Commander based podcast where we discuss the serious, the aggressive, and the awesome points of Magic: the Gathering!



Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Episode 43: Actually Cubed





Off Color Cast is a Commander based podcast where we discuss the serious, the aggressive, and the awesome points of Magic: the Gathering. Some language may be found offensive so make sure your taste and paste makers are properly adjusted before listening. Off Color Cast will not pay your doctor bills.  














00:00:00 – 00:03:06          Intro – Who we are, what we do, and how we do.


00:03:07 – 00:30:57          Getting Boxed In – This week, the boyz of OCC invite Norbert88 & Dr Ruler to help us get a better understanding of EDH Cube. We ask a few beginning questions about how Dr Ruler got his cube started, what goes in it, what kind of Commanders he uses, and how the Commander selection happen.

00:30:58 – 00:57:26          Getting Boxed In – We do a quick break and jump back into the topic with Mono Color decks and Commanders, 40 & 60 card deck versions EDH Cubes, Auto includes, The Swords, curves, and thing the Dr has cut from his Cube. We also talk about how some Commanders become more “fair” without a custom made deck, proxies, how having only one of each card makes games more diverse, ramp, and good cards for Red.

00:57:27 – 01:01:27          Outro- We’re out of here. Remember if you want to get in contact with us you can find us…

On Twitter                   Christian- @ChristianRenoe 
Calvin-@CaptainRedZone
Cassidy- @WriterofWrong
Jonathan- @norbert88
Dr Ruler- @DrRuler

On The Web    Christian- www.offcolorcast.comoffcolorcast@gmail.com
Cassidy- www.youcanthandlethenath.comwww.tcgplayer.com (in the Magic section)
Jonathan – Jinxed Idols podcast at www.MTGCast.com


2 comments:

  1. I loved this podcast!

    I started an EDH Cube 3-years ago, sounds to be about the same time Dr. Ruler did, and I totally agree with what he was talking about.

    Only disagreement I have is regarding the comments that red sucks. I think Red is one of the best colors out there (don't think its a stand alone color, but since you're playing dual anyways it doesn't matter).

    Anyways I thought I would share my EDH Cube with everyone and hope that people would drop a critique or two, or you can find me on the Official EDH Forums and I would love to discuss EDH Cubes from design, draft, etc.

    http://timproctorcreations.site90.com/TimProctorCreations/wordpress/?p=45

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, I DONE CONTROL D'd THIS STUFF SO I CAN DEVOUR IT

      also yeah I give red a bad time but I think it is the ultimate color

      Delete